How to Download Photos from Dropbox (on Mac OS)
This tutorial is made for Mac OS using Safari internet browser.
- Locate the download link in your email. “Small” contains photos resized for MLS, internet marketing and sending via email. “Big” contains photos in highest resolution and biggest file size for print.
- Click on the link to get to the Dropbox page.
- Locate the “Download” button above the images.
- Your web browser will initiate a download of a folder, which contains all of your photos.
- After the download is complete (see the download status bar in your browser), click on the downloaded folder name. That should take you to the folder where your web browser stores all downloaded files.
- You should see the individual files and each should have a width of approx. 1600 pixels for “Small” versions.
- You can verify the resolution by opening a context menu and choosing “Get Info”.
Do not use the “Save as…” option in your browser
Most common issue when not following these steps is saving the Dropbox page via your web browser option “Save As”. If you do that, you will end up with very small image files, because the browser will save only those small thumbnails which you see on the Dropbox page.